Monday, August 19, 2013

I Know, I'm a Horrible Person

Hello everybody! So, I was feeling like a terrible, awful person who hadn't posted in a long time, so I decided to tell you about when my family went out to this Chinese buffet on 34 last Sunday.

As you can imagine, my family rarely has "normal" outings, and this wasn't really too much of an exception. When we first got there, there were about 3 employees around, and, of course, they were all Chinese.
BUT- they all had accents.

I'm (naturally) very suspicious of such people, so I started telling Kid Brother about it.

Me: "I bet these people don't even have real accents. They're probably all just faking it."
KB: "What?"
Me: "When you go to a Chinese restaurant, what do you expect of the people that work there? They all have to be Chinese, and they should all have accents, otherwise it's not authentic. So, they have to have accents here, but, for all we know, when that guy right there leaves and goes to his class at Georgia Tech he's just Steve from Colorado and-"
Dad: "Buddy, you gotta understand something: when Constance gets like this, you have my full permission to just ignore her and start talking over her."
Me: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!! "WHAT???"
KB: "Okay. Hey, did you know that blah-blah-Skylanders-blah..."

That was just really rude. Besides, that's not far-fetched, is it? I thought I was being perfectly logical for once!

KB also got one of those amazing doughnuts, took a bite of it, stood up, and then threw it down onto his plate, declaring it "too doughy." I don't know what he was expecting of a doughnut, though, I mean honestly...

All three of my siblings also argued about which preparation of imitation crab was the best, which was mildly amusing, but not very notable in light of everything else that happened that day.

I just think we would make the best reality TV show ever.


Happy Monday!


2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. I know :D It's so hard to pick a favorite hipster edit, but... this one's up there with the best I've seen.

      Delete