Monday, August 26, 2013

By popular request... Butterflies: Take 3

I'm never going to get away from this butterfly thing, am I? I've actually seen a few loners a lot lately and I've been okay.
Wait... I didn't notice just how many I've seen in the past week until now.
Crap, they're coming back, aren't they?
Crap crap crap crap

~~~~~~~

Ignore that. That never happened.

Actually it did and I stopped breathing for a second there guys. They aren't coming back, right? They're gone until spring, RIGHT?!?! WHY HAVE I NEVER PAID ATTENTION TO WHEN BUTTERFLIES ARE AROUND BEFORE THIS? I can't Google it because there will be pictures and I don't do as well with pictures as I used to!!!

Can someone please figure that out for me? K thx.

Anyorange, the horrible back story.

BACK STORY TIIIIIIIIIME! (If I need to tell you that this is a little dramatized then you can go now)

It all started when I was looking through Google images at pictures of butterflies. I'd always hated bugs and been pretty terrified of their faces, but looked at butterflies as an exception to the gross bug face rule.
Not so, friends, not so.

In truth, I had been oblivious to the fact that butterflies' faces were and are just as, if not more, gross than regular not-pretty bugs.

It felt like my world was crashing in.

Lol jk, I was just really freaked. I don't think I even screamed, I just shut the laptop really quickly or something.

Now, you should all know the context a little bit better- while I have no idea when this actually happened, I do know that it was at a point in my personal development where I was not at all at peace with my crazy streak, so I had never experienced this before. What do you do when you're an awkward preteen-ish and you're facing a new and scary thing? You ignore it, of course.

So I did, but, ever so slowly, my fear ate away at my subconscious. That's the tricky thing about fear- people think that you can control it, but you can't. It's always there, in the back of your head, creeping, waiting...

Okay, movie moment over. I'm sorry if I freaked you guys out XD

Seriously, all that happened was I saw a picture of one's face and the phobia I'm now experiencing is just a stunted response to the same paralyzing fear I once had of all bugs other than butterflies.

I love this one :D
Happy last week of August!

3 comments:

  1. I literally ran over a butterfly on the way home from school today. I was like...*sign of cross* "May the Lord have mercy on your soul."

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Are you serious??? That is hilarious lol
      You run into an awful lot of butterflies when you drive... should we all be worried? Can you start posting when you're going to be driving and on what roads so we can all steer clear (pun totally intended) of you? :P

      Delete
    2. I DO NOT run into butterflies, Constance, the little buggers run into me. Blame them.

      Oh, well, I'm afraid I can't say that. Just always be looking over your shoulder, listening for any screeching tires, ya know.

      Delete