Saturday, May 25, 2013

I. Hate. Butterflies.

Hey there you guise! I'm feeling particularly sane today, so I figured I'd give y'all a nice little post about bugs since I thought I could make it through without having a panic attack.

Just kidding, I'm not afraid of bugs.
No, really, I'm not.
Well...
Okay, maybe a little.
Stop laughing.

I don't actually hate butterflies... well, not all butterflies. Just the ones that look like moths, because I. Hate. Moths.

I hate them.

They are the reason I can't sleep at night- because I'm itching to get out there, turn a light on, wait, and then kill every last one of them on the face of the planet.

I hate them.

They're so furry and gross and when you're a completely unsuspecting, curious, 7-year-old little girl that likes to stick her face near creatures she deems "cute" (which is every creature on the face of the planet, besides spiders), they like to fly up in your face.

That's right, I went there.

...

So... butterflies... riiiiight...

Anyway, since I had that traumatic experience- *ahem* I mean, no way, that was somebody else- I hate moths and anything moth-related, which has slowly grown to include most butterflies. No joke, I can no longer go in the Butterfly House at Callaway Gardens without freaking out and freezing at least once.

There are only two butterfly species that I'm not petrified of, and those are the pretty blue ones (go figure) and the little yellow ones, which I call "potato chip ones." Don't ask me why, I think I was hungry that day or something and it just stuck.

Go ahead, enjoy this picture before I'm afraid of these too and take it down.

1 comment:

  1. Seems Lauren Keller had a "traumatic" experience with Callaway too.

    Tsk, tsk, shame on you for hating on my personal emblem. Butterflies. are. awesome.
    You're just trying to suppress the truth in unrighteousness, aren't you? JOIN THE DARK SIDE!!!

    ReplyDelete