Normally my OCD does not allow the title of the blog and the blog URL to be different things, but this time I made an exception because... well... let's face it, I'm awesome (the less you think about it the more sense it makes).
My obsession with smurfs began a long time ago... my mother always loved smurfs, and for a period of time in my childhood talked about them and explained what they were to me. As my obsession with the color blue grew, naturally, my obsession with smurfs grew as well. Sometime in the midst of my preteen years Mother forced me to watch the old smurf series and my obsession continued to grow. All of this came to a climax when in the past year I read a book in which the main character was awesome and crazy and obsessed with smurfs. When I finished the book, which ended with a huge cliffhanger, my main thought was- "Man, that girl is awesome. I want to be more like her." So I just gave in to my obsession with smurfs and haven't looked back since.
The way I see it, "the smurfs are coming" is really just a subconscious call for the security I felt as a child.
All that to say... there's really no explanation for why I named my blog what I did. I thought of both of them in about 3 minutes. 3 minutes... that's probably about the same amount of time you wasted reading this post.
Muahahahahaha... suckers! >:D
No comments:
Post a Comment